Side-load Crestron Drivers using an FTP program. If the Crestron Driver was created using the Device Learner tool, use the Device Learner Tool to side-load the Crestron Driver.
Side-Load Using FTP
To side-load Crestron Drivers using an FTP program, follow these steps:
- Connect to the Crestron Home processor over FTP or by using the File Manager tool in Crestron Toolbox.
- Upload the Crestron Driver package file into the Crestron Home processor's \User\ThirdPartyDrivers\Import directory.
Side-Load Using the Device Learner Tool (IR Devices Only)
To side-load Crestron Drivers using the Device Learner Tool, follow these steps:
- Open the Device Learner tool in Crestron Toolbox™ software.
- Go to File > Send PKG to Device.
- Save the driver package file to the User Database.
Select the Crestron Home processor using the Address Book tool, and then click OK. Once the transfer is complete, a pop‑up dialog is displayed showing the package file, the device hostname/IP address, and the transfer status.
NOTE: The side-loaded Crestron Driver will overwrite existing drivers on the Crestron Home processor if the drivers share the same ID (manufacturer, model name, and communication type)