- Load the configuration onto a new processor: To load the configuration onto a new processor, refer to Load Configuration onto a New Processor.
- Replace the configuration on a processor (Erase Data): To erase the current configuration and load a configuration created using the Crestron Home Configurator, refer to Replace Configuration on a Processor (Erase Data).
- Update a configuration (redeploy): To update a configuration with the latest Crestron Home Configurator configuration, refer to Update a Configuration (Redeploy).
To load the configuration onto a new Crestron Home processor:
Crestron Home Setup appand then connect to the Crestron Homeprocessor.
NOTE: If the
Crestron Home Setup appdoes not connect to the Crestron Home processor automatically, enter the Crestron Home processor's hostname and select Connect. The default hostname for a Crestron Home processor is "[Product-Name]‑[MAC Address]" (excluding punctuation). For example, "CP4-R-123A567B91C3." The MAC address label is located on the bottom or rear of the device.
Crestron Home Setupsplash screen is displayed. Select Tap Here to Begin.
Select the language for the
Crestron Home Setup appand then NEXT.
Select Import System Using Deployment Code and then NEXT.
Crestron Homesoftware must be up to date to use a deployment code. If necessary, select Update Software to update the software and then NEXT.
Enter the deployment code that was generated using the
Crestron Home Configuratorand then select NEXT. The deployment code is validated.
The system information is displayed. Select NEXT.
To import the system, select NEXT and then NEXT to confirm.
CAUTION: Importing the configuration removes the existing configuration and cannot be undone.
A confirmation screen is displayed along with a summary of the import process. Select NEXT.
Enter the system information and then select NEXT.
- System Name: Enter a descriptive system name.
- Location: Enter the latitude and longitude of the system.
- Date: Tap the wrench button to display spinners for selecting the month, day, and year.
- Time: Tap the wrench button to display spinners for selecting the hour and minute buttons, and for selecting AM or PM.
- Time Zone: Tap the wrench button to display a menu for selecting the time zone used by the system.
NOTE: If setting up the
Crestron Homesystem with an iPad device, tap the Synchronize with iPad button to synchronize the time zone, longitude, and latitude automatically with the iPad device's location services.
Enter the dealer information and then select NEXT.
- Dealer Name: Enter the Crestron dealer responsible for the installation.
- Dealer Email: Enter the email address of the Crestron dealer responsible for the installation.
- Dealer Phone #: Enter the phone number of the Crestron dealer responsible for the installation.
- To complete the initial setup, select Get Started.
The main Setup screen is displayed. Configure the system as described in Configure a System.
- Step 1: Build Your House: Rooms that are entered in the Crestron Home Configurator are placed in the Build Your House section. Use the Build Your House screen to modify or delete rooms and to create room groups.
- Step 2: Pair Devices: In-wall and centralized modules that are entered in the Crestron Home Configurator are placed in the appropriate rooms in the Pair Devices screens. The modules are added as virtual devices.
To load the configuration onto a processor that is already programmed and erase the existing configuration, refer to Replace the Configuration.
Redeploy a configuration to merge the updates with a processor that is already running. To Redeploy a configuration, refer to Update the Current Configuration.