Initialize the Processor
Initialize the processor the first time the processor boots or after a factory reset.
NOTE: To install the
Tip: Load a Crestron Home Configurator or myCrestron backup configuration during the initialization process.
To load a Crestron Home Configurator configuration during initialization, refer to Deploy a Configuration.
NOTE: To update (redeploy) a configuration, refer to Update the Current Configuration.
To restore a myCrestron Residential Monitoring Service backup configuration during initialization, refer to Migrate System Data to a Different Processor.
To initialize the processor:
Crestron Home Setup appand then connect to the Crestron Homeprocessor.
- The Crestron Home processor and the device running the Crestron Home Setup app must be placed on the same subnet prior to setting up the system.
- If the
Crestron Home Setup appdoes not connect to the Crestron Home processor automatically, enter the Crestron Home processor's hostname and select Connect. The default hostname for a Crestron Home processor is "[Product-Name]‑[MAC Address]" (excluding punctuation). For example, "CP4-R-123A567B91C3." The MAC address label is located on the bottom or rear of the device.
Set the Admin username and password in the Create Admin Account dialog box.
NOTE: If security was enabled before the upgrade, the credentials are retained. Use the credentials set previously to log in.
Crestron Home Setupsplash screen is displayed. Select Tap Here to Begin.
Select the language for the
Crestron Home Setup appand then NEXT.
Select Create New System and then NEXT.
Enter the system information and then select NEXT.
- System Name: Enter a descriptive system name.
- Location: Enter the latitude and longitude of the system.
- Date: Tap the wrench button to display spinners for selecting the month, day, and year.
- Time: Tap the wrench button to display spinners for selecting the hour and minute buttons, and for selecting AM or PM.
- Time Zone: Tap the wrench button to display a menu for selecting the time zone used by the system.
NOTE: If setting up the
Crestron Homesystem with an iPad device, tap the Synchronize with iPad button to synchronize the time zone, longitude, and latitude automatically with the iPad device's location services.
Enter the dealer information and then select NEXT.
- Dealer Name: Enter the Crestron dealer responsible for the installation.
- Dealer Email: Enter the email address of the Crestron dealer responsible for the installation.
- Dealer Phone #: Enter the phone number of the Crestron dealer responsible for the installation.
To complete the initial setup, select Get Started.