To view the Gateways screen, select Pair Devices on the Setup screen or on the setup menu and then select Manage Gateways.
NOTE: To migrate infiNET EX devices to a different gateway, refer to Migrate Crestron Wireless Devices to a Different Gateway.
To add a gateway to the system:
In the Device Types menu, select Manage Gateways. The local network is scanned for gateways. Discovered gateways are displayed in the Gateways on Network menu.
NOTE: To scan the network for new gateways, select Recheck Network.
In the Gateways on Network menu, select a gateway and then select Add.
- Enter a name for the gateway and then select OK.
- Configure the gateway after it is added to the system. Tap the gear button next to the device name to display a Settings dialog box. For details, refer to Device Settings.
Tip: With Crestron Home firmware 3.014.0087 or higher, the default actions for devices that were previously acquired to an external wireless gateway have changed. The following changes were made:
Devices that are acquired by a gateway will remain acquired if these conditions are met:
The device was acquired before adding the gateway to the Crestron Home system.
For example, devices were acquired by a gateway using Crestron Toolbox™ software in a custom programmed system and the devices and gateway from the custom system will then be converted to a Crestron Home system.
The device was acquired by a gateway that is part of the Crestron Home system while the system is offline.
- If a gateway is deleted from the system, acquired devices will be unacquired by the gateway.
Acquired devices that have not been assigned to a room will be displayed in the Device List.
If an acquired device is online, it can be assigned to a room without re-pairing.
Devices that are unacquired by a gateway outside of Crestron Home (for example, using Crestron Toolbox, acquired by a gateway from another system, or the Crestron Home system is offline) will go offline and will function as follows:
Not assigned to a room: The device is displayed in the unassigned Device List but cannot be assigned to a room. The device should be acquired by the gateway again or removed from the device list. To acquire or delete devices, refer to Crestron Wireless Devices and Device Settings.
Assigned to a room: A device offline error message is displayed for the device in the room. The device should be acquired by the gateway again, replaced with a different device of the same model, or deleted from the system. To acquire, delete, or replace devices, refer to Crestron Wireless Devices and Device Settings.
- A gateway can enter Acquire mode from outside of the Crestron Home Setup app. For example, using Crestron Toolbox™ software or the Acquire button on the gateway.
- Make sure that only one gateway is in Acquire mode at a time.
Note: Depending on Crestron Home firmware and gateway firmware versions, the gateway may connect using a secure connection and you may be prompted to create the Common Device Password and to enter credentials for the device. For details, refer to Secure Device Connections and System Detail and Password Configuration.
To add a wireless gateway:
In the Gateways on Network menu, select a wireless gateway and then select Add.
If prompted, create a Common Device Password for the Crestron Home processor and then select OK. The username is "chdevice". The Create a Common Device Password dialog is displayed when the Common Device password is not created in the control processor settings.
If prompted, enter admin credentials for the gateway and then select OK. The Please Enter Device Credentials dialog is displayed when an administrator-level user exists on the gateway. The credentials are required to add the "chdevice" user to the gateway.
- Entering device credentials is typically required for gateways where the first connection was made using Crestron Toolbox™ software or the Web UI and login credentials were created.
If the "chdevice" user exists on the gateway, consider the following:
The gateway password matches the Common Device Password set in the Crestron Home system, there will not be a prompt for device credentials.
The gateway password does not match the Common Device Password set in the Crestron Home system, the password on the gateway will be changed to the password set on the Crestron Home system.
Enter a descriptive name for the gateway and then select OK.
Configure the device after it is added to the system. Tap the gear button next to the device name to display a Settings dialog box. For details, refer to Device Settings.
Use the DALI Commissioning Tool in the Crestron Toolbox™ application to configure the DIN-DALI-2. For more details, refer to the Crestron Toolbox help file at help.crestron.com/toolbox.
To configure the ballasts:
- The settings for Current Level, Fade Rate, Fade Time, Power On Level, Override Level, and Scenes are not utilized by the
Crestron Homesystem. Even though these settings are not utilized, it may be desired to configure these settings.
- Scenes and fade time are configured using the
Crestron Home Setupapp.
- The settings for Power On Level and Override Level will affect ballast behavior from events that occur outside the
Crestron Homesystem. For example, the DALI ballasts will turn on according to the Power On Level or Override Level settings after a power outage or if Override mode is activated.
- In Ballast Settings - Properties, set these properties:
- Name: Enter a user-friendly name for the ballast. The name is displayed in the Crestron Home Setup app.
- Minimum Level: The lowest light level for the ballast.
- Maximum Level: The highest light level for the ballast.
In Ballast Settings - Groups, assign a group for the ballast. When configuring Groups, consider the following:
Crestron Homesystem imports all DALI groups on Loop 1 and Loop 2 into the system.
- DALI groups function as individual loads.
- Ballasts cannot be controlled individually by the
- Ballasts that are not part of a group cannot be controlled.
- Save the ballast settings.
Add the DALI gateway to the system. When the DIN-DALI-2 is added to the system, the configuration for the DALI groups is imported. It may take several minutes for the configuration to load.
To add a DALI gateway:
In the Gateways on Network menu, select a DIN-DALI-2 and then select Add.
Enter a name for the DIN-DALI-2 and then select OK.
- Configure the device after it is added to the system. Tap the gear button next to the device name to display a Settings dialog box. For details, refer to Device Settings.
After the DALI gateway is added, add the DALI groups to rooms from the Pair Devices menu. For details, refer to DALI Groups.
- Removing a gateway also removes all devices acquired by that gateway.
- Devices acquired by a wireless gateway will be unacquired.
- Internal Gateways cannot be removed.
To remove a gateway:
- Select a gateway device.
- Select < Remove.