Add components to the system that are not directly controlled through the
Other devices consist of the following:
Cameras: Use to add security cameras to the system. For details, refer to Cameras.
- Manual Camera: Use to add a camera by entering the Snapshot and Stream URI.
- Manual ONVIF Camera: Use to add a camera by entering the ONVIF device URI.
- Uncontrolled Audio Source: Use when an audio source has no controls. For example, connecting a portable music player or computer using an Aux cord.
- Uncontrolled A/V Source: Use when an A/V source has no controls. For example, displaying A/V content from a computer.
- Uncontrolled Amplifier: Use when an amplifier does not have volume or switching controls. Volume control is set by the pre-amp levels.
- Uncontrolled HDMI DA: Use when an HDMI distribution amplifier is receiving one HDMI signal and distributing it to all HDMI outputs. The distribution amplifier can also be used to separate the audio and video from the HDMI feed and send the video to a television and the audio to a receiver.
- Uncontrolled Generic A/V DA: Use when a generic distribution amplifier is receiving a source and distributing it to all outputs. The generic AV and Audio connections can be connected to any port type when routing sources.
- Uncontrolled A/V Display: Use when connecting to a display that cannot be controlled. For example, to display video on a display that is always on or a computer monitor.
- Universal A/V Adapter: Use when a physical adapter is installed to convert the cable type; source routing only allows like ports to be connected. For example, a component video to HDMI adapter. The generic Audio, Video, and A/V connections can be connected to any port type when routing sources.
- Uncontrolled Device: Use to add a generic device to the system that cannot be controlled, such as a network switch or router. The Uncontrolled Device is displayed only in the health dashboard.
- BACnet Thermostat: Use when adding a BACnet thermostat to the system. For details, refer to BACnet Thermostat.
Relay Controlled Device: Use a relay controlled device to add a device that is controlled by a relay. Relay controlled devices do not have automatically generated control elements added to the user interface. Control the relay device using Quick Actions (Quick Actions) and Media Zone Events (Media Zone Events).
The following relay controlled devices can be added to the system:
- Garage Door
- Irrigation Zone
Sensor Device: A sensor device monitors the state of the device and provides the feedback to the system. Depending on the programming, the system can play an interrupt or activate a Quick Action or Scene.
The following sensor devices can be added to the system:
- Burglary Alarm
- Door Sensor
- Driveway Sensor
- Fire Alarm
- Occupancy Sensor
- Smoke Alarm
- Water Alarm
- Window Sensor
- Button: Use the Button input device to control the system using a contact closure remote keypad. Connect the contact closure remote keypads to a digital input in the system (for example, on a Crestron keypad or control processor), then program the button as if it was a keypad. For details, refer to Configure Contact Closure Keypad Actions.
- Uncontrolled and relay‑controlled devices must be connected to the appropriate hardware in order to function properly in the system. For example, the garage door and the garage door sensors must be connected to the Crestron Home processor or control module.
- When a garage door, gate, camera, or BACnet Thermostat is added to the system, control elements are added to the to the user interface device.
Add an Other Device to a Room
To add an other device to a room, follow these steps:
- Select the room where the device is installed from the Select a room menu.
Select Other from the Device Types menu.
- In the Other menu, select a device and then select Add.
- Enter a name for the device and then select OK.
- Configure the device after it is added to the room. Tap the gear button next to the device name to display a Settings dialog box. For details, refer to Device Settings.
Remove an Other Device from a Room
To remove an other device from a room:
- Select an Other device.
- Select < Remove.