Add Crestron Driver devices to the
The devices displayed on the Drivers screen consist of Crestron Drivers that are downloaded from the Crestron Driver portal or side-loaded onto the
To create, update, and delete Crestron Drivers, refer to Crestron Driver Devices.
- Crestron Drivers that are tested by Crestron, and legacy security system drivers, are marked with the Crestron swirl logo.
- Only devices with discrete on and off commands should be paired with the system. If a device with an auto‑off timer is added to the system, the device may turn itself off while the room remains on. This behavior causes the device to power on and become out of sync with the room after the room is powered off.
To add a Crestron Driver device to a room:
- In the Select a room menu, select a room for the device.
In the Device Types menu, select Drivers. The Crestron Home processor updates the list of Crestron Drivers.
In the Drivers menu, navigate to a driver.
Select a driver and then select Add. The device driver is downloaded if not already in the system.
NOTE: When a device is added to the system using a Crestron Driver, the device driver does not update automatically in the system when a new version is released in the cloud. For instructions on installing an updated Crestron Certified device driver, refer to Crestron Driver Devices.
- Enter a descriptive name for the device in the pop‑up dialog box that is displayed.
- Configure the provided transport settings used for device communication:
IR, Serial, and CEC Devices: Select a control port from the list of available ports.
TCP Devices: Enter the device IP address or hostname, IP port, and (if required) authentication credentials.
NOTE: IP devices must be configured with a static IP address. The system will no longer be able to detect the device if its IP address changes.
Cable Boxes Select a television provider from the list or tap + Add New to add a new provider. To add a television provider, refer to Add a Television Provider.
- Select OK.
- Configure the device after it is added to the room. Tap the gear button next to the device name to display a Settings dialog box. For details, refer to Device Settings.
To add a television provider:
- Select a country from the Country drop-down menu.
Enter the zip or postal code in the ZIP Code/Postal Code box.
NOTE: Use uppercase letters and include spaces when entering the postal code. For example, enter "N0M 1C0" for a postal code for Canada.
Select a provider from the list and then select Add.
Television providers are available in these locations:
- Costa Rica
- El Salvador*
- United Kingdom
- United States
* This location does not use ZIP or Postal codes. To search for television providers, enter a space in the search box.
To remove a Crestron Driver device from a room:
- Select a driver device.
- Select < Remove.