Use the MyCrestron RMS Services screen to
To view the myCrestron Services screen, select Settings >
Tip: The Registration Code, MAC Address, and a link to the myCrestron Residential Monitoring Service web page are provided to assist with registration. A registration code and MAC address is required to register the Crestron Home processor with the myCrestron Residential Monitoring Service.
To register the processor with the myCrestron Residential Monitoring Service, refer to Remote System Access.
The Crestron Home system automatically backs up the system configuration and log files and stores them in the myCrestron Residential Monitoring Service.
System configuration backups contain settings for the control system, devices, and drivers that are required to completely restore the system; including third-party driver settings that are stored in the /user/Data/ThirdParty/ folder.
Show System Usage Metrics
NOTE: This function is no longer supported.
Create backups of the current system logs or system configuration or create a backup and save it as a Golden Configuration.
Send Current Log
Back up logs to the myCrestron Residential Monitoring Service. The log backup includes the system-level persistent logs (plogs) and Crestron Home app logs. The plogs include information related to the system, such as memory usage, processes, and system errors and the Crestron Home app logs include information related to the system usage, such as button presses and device reports.
To back up the logs, select Send Current Log and then OK.
NOTE: To access logs, the Crestron Home processor must be added to the myCrestron Residential Monitoring Service.
Send Current Configuration
Send the current system configuration settings to the myCrestron Residential Monitoring Service. The configuration will be added to the Available Configuration Files to Restore menu
To send the current configuration, select Send Current Configuration and then OK.
NOTE: To access the configuration, the Crestron Home processor must be added to the myCrestron Residential Monitoring Service. To add the processor, refer to Remote System Access.
Creates a Golden Configuration and then uploads it to the myCrestron Residential Monitoring Service. Create Golden Configurations for a system that is known to be stable and working. Only one Golden Configuration can be active at a time; existing Golden Configurations are overwritten when a new one is created.
To create and upload a Golden Configuration, select Save Current Configuration as Golden Configuration and then OK.
- The Golden Configuration is marked with a star and appear at the top of the Available Configuration Files to Restore menu.
- Use a Golden Configuration to restore the system to a known working state.
- The Golden Configuration will not be deleted from myCrestron routine backups that are made by the system.
Orders any custom engravings that are created in the system. A dialog is displayed, tap OK to order the engraving or tap Cancel to cancel.
- The control processor must be registered on the myCrestron Residential Monitoring service before engravings can be ordered. For details, refer to Remote System Access.
- An email that contains the ordering information is generated and sent to the dealer using the email address entered on the myCrestron Residential Monitoring service. The email contains the device color, layout, and engraving information that was entered for the device during setup. For details, refer to Customize Actions & Events.
Restore a System Configuration
NOTE: The backups are sorted by date and time. The Golden Configuration is marked with a star icon and appears at the top of the Available Configuration Files to Restore menu.
To restore a system configuration:
In the Available Configuration Files to Restore menu, select a configuration. The current firmware version of the control processor is displayed above the menu. Each configuration lists the date, time, and firmware version of the backup.
To restore a backup, the firmware version of the backup must be equal to or lower than the system version. Firmware versions 3.014.0087 or lower are displayed as unknown.
- Green Check Icon: Backup version is equal to or lower than the system version.
- Gray ? Icon: Backup version is unknown.
- Red ! Icon: Backup version is higher than the system version and cannot be restored until the system firmware is upgraded.
To restore the configuration, select and hold Continue for 3 seconds. The configuration is downloaded and then applied to the system. When complete, the control processor restarts.
To return to the previous screen, tap Back.